The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Nurse II PBL - Inst for Translational Science in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Registered Nurse plus two years of professional nursing experience in direct patient care or research in approved specialty area. Licensed by the State of Texas to practice as a Registered Nurse. Job Description: Implements research protocols via study requirements within the University, independently and competently performs the nursing process, including assessment, planning, evaluation, and intervention; safeguards the rights and well being of the study participant; and provides general operational support and administrative duties related to clinical activities for research study. Specific Job Related Duties
- Coordinates the process of clinical research.
- Recruits, screens, enroll, and evaluate patients who participate in study.
- Conducts studies according to protocol and completes case report forms.
- Educates subjects on the details of the studies and ensures that clinical studies are conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the FDA and other regulating agencies.
- Obtains vital signs and performs phlebotomy; monitors participants labs; maintains temperature and QC logs per protocol compliance.
- Serve as liaison between patients, PI, sponsors, and other health professionals and communicates information concerning patient needs and/or changes.
- May assist with the following:
- Developing the clinical trial agreement;
- Answering IRB stipulations to obtain final approval; documents IRB approval and contract approval.
- Planning and design of source documents for protocol; coordinates study initiation; o Organizes and facilitates PI in obtaining Informed Consent from study participant and documents appropriately.
- Completion of an initial patient assessment utilizing interview, observation, and examination.
- Performing competent physical, pathophysiological, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, learning needs, and/or age-appropriate nursing assessment of participants. o Conducting in-service to floor nurses and physicians; serves as a resource to staff.
- Identifying areas of health promotion and patient and family educational needs regarding treatment and follow-up on specific clinical research.
- Completes accurate and concise documentation on all participant records in addition to other source documentation and forms per protocol including maintaining drug documentation.
- Identifies relevant data from internal and external sources and develops and maintains productive working relationship with study monitor.
This is a PBL position working 19 hours or less with no benefits. Prefer night shift, but must be available for day shift as well
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Nurse II PBL - Inst for Translational Science
Job ID: 60214
Business Unit: SOMED