The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Development Spec I -Vice President for Research in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three years of related experience and demonstrated success in the field. Master’s degree accepted. Requires excellent internet skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Adobe Acrobat applications. Must possess written and verbal communications expertise, demonstrated leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills.
To provide grant proposal development services to faculty members and research personnel to enable competitive individual and team extramural research funding and facilitate research excellence. Supports faculty in multiple departments and/or center(s) in all phases of the research proposal process.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides strategic, proactive, catalytic and capacity-building proposal writing expertise to faculty members and researchers.
- Initiates and nurtures critical partnerships and alliances throughout the institution’s research enterprise, with institutional partners and other external stakeholders to increase institutional research competitiveness.
- Provides analytical, technical and professional support in writing funding proposals, including development of hypotheses, aims, and objectives, grantsmanship and limited scientific review. Counsels and assists junior faculty and assists senior faculty in these tasks.
- Identifies and maintains research alliances with potential collaborative partners and funding agencies to formulate and implement specific research projects.
- Provides workshops on research funding agency requirements, interests and trends.
- Monitors funding agency changes and priorities and identifies funding opportunities suited for faculty member(s) based upon their research expertise.
- Acts as a liaison between the center/department, university administrative department(s), the faculty, and funding agencies for activities related to proposal development and submission.
- Serves as proposal development expert to staff and researchers.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Development Spec I -Vice President for Research
Job ID: 62123
Business Unit: RSRCH