The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate I, Neurology in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent; no experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs varying standardized laboratory assignments and experiments.
Salary Range **
$29,120 to $34,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: SC13.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Under direct supervision, will perform electrophysiological experiments
- Prepare protein and histology samples from animals (rodents and frogs) and human tissue
- Assist in screening and production of pharmacological data, including data analysis and inventory records
- Will engage in the micro transplantation of human receptor experiments and the characterization of their properties during neurodegenerative and mental disorders
Preferred Education **
Bachelor's degree in life sciences (e.g., Biochemistry; Molecular Biology; Genetics, etc.)
Preferred Work Experience **
- Basic biochemistry and molecular biology procedures
- Cell and tissue culture, electrophysiology and programming not required, but would be a plus
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Associate I, Neurology
Job ID: 59570
Business Unit: SOMED