The University of Texas Medical Branch Recruiter - SON Admissions and Student Affairs in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s degree in related field
Minimum 3 years of directly-related experience.
JOB SUMMARY:_ _To assist in the development of marketing strategy and coordinate plans for recruitment of nursing students at all levels to meet enrollment goals. Coordinates recruitment services, initiatives, and programs. Represents the School of Nursing accurately, professionally, and effectively to all of its various constituents.
Salary Range **
$52,800-$79,200 annually, commensurate with experience
The pay band for this position is CS21
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Recommends recruitment strategy for each of the SON programs and OASA activities. Works collaboratively with Asst. Dean of OASA and Department Chairs to develop marketing tools, resources, and events to attract quality applicants for the SON. Provides marketing assistance for the SON website, Facebook, videos, publications, and advertising.
- Maintains knowledge of market conditions for SON programs including demand for programs, competitive best practices, and job outlook. Assists in development of the SON Marketing goals and initiatives. Identifies issues that may be hindrance to recruiting and/or retention efforts and makes recommendations to the Asst. Dean of OASA.
- Ensures compliance with EEO laws, and recommends and supports strategies for acquiring a diverse student population.
- Maintains recruitment database and reporting which includes sources for targeting prospective students, tracking number of applicants at event, event costs, key contacts, outcomes, and follow-up communications. Presents major findings and recommendations based on results.Reports weekly to OASA Asst. Dean.
- Collaborates with the Multi-media lab regarding the lay-out, overall design, and updating of website, SON Facebook and other social media. Ensures all information is accurate, current, and is reviewed against competitive best practices.
- Monitors costs, inventories, and develops recommendations regarding promotional items, brochures and marketing communications, event costs and travel.
- Coordinates student recruiting efforts at health care institutions, schools, and colleges; builds collaborative relationships with academic components, faculty, feeder colleges and universities, and healthcare organizations. Represents the SON at schools, hospitals, and open houses. Advises applicants on prerequisites and other program requirements.
- Collaboratively develops brochures and other marketing materials with Track Administrators/Department Chairs and keeps marketing materials current and consistent.
- Coordinates with pre-admissions coordinator to advise prospective applicants regardingadmission requirements and program details within 48 hours of inquiries.
- Trains and coordinates staff, student work-study students, and others as needed for back-up support for recruiting efforts.
- Builds and maintains NursingCAS application platforms for all programs. Coordinates with NursingCAS administration to resolve applicant application issues.
- Coordinates the Open Houses and the Meet and Greet program and other retention efforts for students.
- Performs job functions within department such as serving on committees and assisting with SON events as needed. Serves on UTMB wide Recruiting Committee and works closely with other departments at UTMB as needed.
- Coordinates student ambassador program and student SON event support.
- Promotes a positive work environment through professional and appropriate interpersonal interactions. Assists others as needed.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department. Ensures policies and procedures for recruiting are updated annually and are in shared drive.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
- Project management and marketing related reports as assigned.
- Modifies and streamlines activities to ensure efficiency and appropriate use of resources.
- Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Knowledge of University policy concerning admission and registration processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with prospective students, students, faculty, staff (at all levels), other departments.
- Ability to develop marketing materials including advertisements, videos, brochures, webpage and Facebook.
- Ability to achieve projected outcomes with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Possesses strong decision making and analysis skills.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service and follow-through with potential applicants.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, other departments, and the public.
- Ability to coordinate work with other employees to achieve goals.
- Ability to use PC and network systems. Experience with NursingCAS, Campus Solutions, Publisher, and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to independently collect and analyze information as required.Ability to remain professional, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient while working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to safeguard and protect confidential information.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the able to multitask.
Working Environment/Location of Position
Office environment. Requires ability to travel throughout Texas and beyond as needed to meet recruitment goals.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Recruiter - SON Admissions and Student Affairs
Job ID: 59321
Business Unit: SONSG