The University of Texas Medical Branch Radiation Safety Specialist - Environmental Health & Safety in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree in an environmental, natural, or applied science, or related field or equivalent and one year of related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide professional knowledge and expertise in the operation and support of radiation safety programs in compliance with regulatory agencies, national guidelines and institutional policies. Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Reviews facilities and maintains documentation.
- Teaches training courses.
- Manages UTMB Health personnel dosimetry exchange program.
- Conducts health physics consultation and services as requested.
- Responds to emergencies and complaints.
- Interacts with the research community to ensure compliance with regulations and policies.
- Requires moderate supervision to achieve desires outcome.
- Establishes appropriate work procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and UTMB policies
- Takes direction from EHS Consultant and reports to Program Director, Radiation Safety.
- Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in health physics or equivalent and three years of related experience. Holds a registration as a Nationally Registered Radiation Protection Technologist.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Radiation Safety Specialist - Environmental Health & Safety
Job ID: 60266
Business Unit: FACSV