The University of Texas Medical Branch Program Manager Residency Training-Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field. 2 years related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To supervise the Residency Coordinators and oversee the day-to-day operations of all residency programs within the department; to serve as a liaison with the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME). Salary Range
$50,320 - $65,416 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS21.
Specific Job Related Duties
Coordinate activities related to the Orthopaedic Surgery Residency and Foot and Ankle Fellowship programs. Duties include but are not limited to:¿
- Assures that all on-going requirements of the Residency Review Committee (RRC) are continuously met, i.e. duty hours, core competencies, conference schedules, evaluations, etc.
- Coordinates annual residency applicant interview dates, schedules, notifications and arrangements. Facilitates submission of rank lists in appropriate manner.
- Manages and oversees the accuracy of all administrative duties pertaining to the submission of residents' appointments, work agreements, funding allocations, time and attendance, etc., including monthly money exchange reports for off-site resident time.
- Prepares, assigns, tracks and maintains residents' performance evaluations, as the timeline dictates via New Innovations as set-forth by the UTMB GME office. Provides verification of residency training for current and former residents, as appropriate.
- Manages and ensures all residents' licensing processes are properly followed and maintained as dictated by the UTMB GME office and the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Prepares, maintains and submits the annual GME/AMA/AAMC census requirements via the FREIDA and ERAS web-based systems in order to maintain program accreditation and national matching program participation.
- Coordinates annual residency related functions such as proctoring In- Training exams, Annual Retreat and orientation.
- Coordinates the monthly and updated Assignment and On-call Schedules including entry into AMCOM as needed.
- Distributes material for SCORE conference; creates sign-in sheets for all conferences; enters attendance into New Innovations database.
- Coordinates M&M; and Grand Rounds Conferences; processes the Continuing Medical Education documents for each weekly Grand Rounds presentation, which includes contacting the speakers to sign documents, running the presentation by the CME office if disclosures are involved; sending all the supporting documents to the CME office monthly; assisting with the annual activity forms.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the residency and fellowship programs.
- Adheres to internal controls as established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Prior residency training program experience
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask accordingly.
- Ability to communicate across organizational levels and platforms.
- Ability to adapt to new software programs and changing environments.
#admin #programmanager #residencytraining
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Program Manager Residency Training-Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Job ID: 59791
Business Unit: SOMED