The University of Texas Medical Branch Postdoctoral Fellow, Internal Medicine / Molecular Biology and Cardiovascular Research in Galveston, Texas
Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field and three (3) years of completed Postdoctoral Fellow research experience. Job Description: The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
Salary Range **
From $47,484 - $50,316 annually. Commensurate with number of postdoctoral years of experience.
Will consider outstanding applicants with zero and up to 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Perform molecular and cell biological experiments
- Perform small rodents surgeries (mouse or rats) and related experiments
- Perform biochemical and pathological studies
- Write grant proposals
- Write scientific manuscripts
Preferred Education **
PhD degree required.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- In-depth experience in molecular biology and biochemistry, including and not limited to, Western blot analyses, ELISA, immunoprecipitation and protein purification
- Competency in tissue culture and generation of stable transfectants
- Competency in animal handling and genotyping
- Some experience in immunohistochemistry and analysis of the stained samples
- Proven publication and presentation record
Preferred Work Experience **
- Molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory or
- Apoptosis and necrosis cell death field
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow, Internal Medicine / Molecular Biology and Cardiovascular Research
Job ID: 57733
Business Unit: SOMED