The University of Texas Medical Branch Patient Care Technician I - PBL Pediatric Med/Surg(non benefit eligible) in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalent AND completion of one of the following technical programs:
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Assistant program OR
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Completion of Medical Corpsman program OR
- Completion of EMT program OR
- 2 years of experience in a direct patient care environment OR
- Is enrolled in a recognized School of Nursing and has completed the first semester of education which contains clinical concepts and health assessment or the equivalent.
- Current BLS required.
To provide technical assistance and supportive patient care to meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Collects, reports and documents data: Vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collects specimens.
- Performs and reports POCT.
- Assists with patient activities and care as assigned by the charge nurse/designee as indicated by the patient’s plan of care.
- Provides for patients’ personal hygiene: Bathes patients, performs oral suctioning and superficial wound care, assists with chronic wound care, provides skin care for patient with TED hose, SCD, casts, skeletal pins, assists with elimination, cares for the incontinent patient, cares for the patient with a urinary catheter, assists or gives cleansing enemas, sitz baths, non-sterile douches, and provides ostomy care.
- Ambulates, positions, and turns patients and cares for the patient with altered mobility.
- Assists with patient safety related to age and condition: Assists with patient restraints, assists with patient specific safety precautions, collects, reports and documents data related to patient needs/emergencies and usual patient and family behavior, and cares for the patient from a correctional environment.
<19.pp hours a week
Preferred Work Experience
Prefer experience working with kids
#PCT #patient care tech
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Patient Care Technician I - PBL Pediatric Med/Surg(non benefit eligible)
Job ID: 60929
Business Unit: NSGSV