The University of Texas Medical Branch Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab- Occupational Therapy (up to 19 hours per week) in Galveston, Texas
Associates degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas. 0-3 years related experience.
Provides occupational therapy services under the guidelines set by the Practice Act of the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Advisors. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of occupational therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and the organization.
Specific Job Related Duties **
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Occupational Therapist Assistant provides treatment to patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned clinical area.
- Document patient treatment and progress, appropriately in the medical record. Documentation must meet peer review requirements.
- Communicate pertinent patient information with the supervising occupational therapist, patient, family members, physicians, team members, and other disciplines.
- Participate in rounds, clinics, and case conferences as assigned.
- Meet required competencies for assigned areas.
- Delegate duties and monitor service delivery appropriately to Rehabilitation Aides
- Supervises Occupational therapy assistant students as requested. One year experience preferred.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs related duties as required.
Closing Statement **
#ld #lmd01 #rehab #allied
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab- Occupational Therapy (up to 19 hours per week)
Job ID: 59649
Business Unit: HOSPT