The University of Texas Medical Branch Nursing Program Coordinator - Blocker Burn in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in nursing and current licensure or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas are required. The equivalent of four years RN experience, including two years progressive management experience is required (i.e. Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor). Certification appropriate to specialty required.
The Nursing Program Coordinator is accountable for the effective, strategic planning and the personnel, operational, and financial management of a focused clinical or support program to ensure optimal quality, cost, and service outcomes. In a clinical program, the coordinator has 24-hour accountability for patient care delivery.
- All duties to be performed in close coordination with the Burn Program Director
* ABA reverification*-15%
- Completion of the tri-annual PRO/collection of relevant/supporting data
Quality Monitoring and Improvement Program-45%
- Daily,weekly, monthly data collection
- Complication/Mortality summary
- Process Improvement/Loop Closure
- Quarterly quality presentation
- Coordination of M/M
- Monthly quality presentation/summary to program director/Trauma systems review committee
- BQIP submission
- Transfer Follow-ups from outside institution
- Discharge follow-ups
- Coordinate/Present Burn Unit Literature etc. for Fire Prevention week and Burn Awareness month
- Present-teach at identified corporate/community events
- Network with health community stakeholders in the South West Texas Region
- Network with existing entities with a goal of increasing the Burn unit's visibility and promote the capabilities of the Burn Unit
- Coordinate Preceptor-orientee weekly meeting
- Ensure CBO for new staff are completed and submitted
- Monitoring of ECCO progress for new Staff
- Assist with nurse education/training for new initiatives
- Month New Resident Orientation
Other duties as described/delegated by Program Director-10%
- Other duties could include audits, preparing for JCAHO inspection or similar endeavors
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assumes a leadership role in effective strategic planning for the program.
- Directs the operational management of the program to ensure high quality, cost effective service/outcomes, and a safe and efficient work environment.
- Directs the personnel management of the employees assigned to the program consistent with state and federal laws, and nursing service and hospital philosophy, goals, and policies.
- Directs the financial management of the program to ensure desired fiscal status while providing optimum service/outcomes.
- Promotes and practices patient/family advocacy and facilitates the maintenance of ethical practice.
- Promotes and practices positive guest and peer relations.
- Leads and directs quality improvement for the program and supports nursing research within the program and at the department and service level
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Nursing Program Coordinator - Blocker Burn
Job ID: 62002
Business Unit: NSGSV