The University of Texas Medical Branch Nurse Practitioner - Internal Medicine/General Medicine in Galveston, Texas
Master's degree with NP certification. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. No experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: The nurse practitioner functions as an advanced practitioner providing primary health care for a caseload of patients in the area of clinical specialization.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Coordinates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
- Secures and evaluates medical health and developmental history of the patient.
- Performs basic physical assessment using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation, and percussion.
- Discriminates between normal, normal variations, and abnormal deviations by specific screening tests and refers patients with abnormal findings to appropriate members of the primary health care team.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings obtained by history, physical screening, behavioral assessments, and in collaboration with the designated physician, implements an appropriate management plan.
- Executes such diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as the physician may assign.
- Provides health maintenance and anticipatory guidance.
- Executes physician's orders in accordance with legal, ethical, and institutional standards.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Identifies community health resources and refers patients as necessary.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Internal Medicine/General Medicine
Job ID: 59079
Business Unit: SOMED