The University of Texas Medical Branch Library Assistant - Medical Branch Library. in Galveston, Texas
High school education or equivalent and no experience. Requires working knowledge of library operations and personal computer systems, including Microsoft Office products. Strong communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
To provide specialized library support toward the fulfillment of the library’s mission within a particular unit of the library. Requires operational skills and basic knowledge of the library
Salary Range **
$24,000.00 to $30,000.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS12.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Performs basic operations using the library's integrated library system and/or other electronic library management resources and software packages
- Assists with reports, maintains records and keeps statistical data
- Performs entry level tasks i the area of cataloging, acquisitions, circulation, interlibrary loan, special collections, reference, or testing and computer services
- Provides customer service, answers questions and refers in depth questions to the appropriate department
- Handles cash, checks or credit card payments
- Performs daily maintenance of library printers, photocopiers, scanners, collections and assures a neat and orderly appearance of the library facilities
- Scans or photocopies articles and book chapters; assists with printing needs and other services as needed
- Participates in special library projects
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work Schedule **
- Monday - Thursday: 3:15 PM to 12:15 AM
- Friday: Noon to 9 PM
Preferred Education **
- Associate's Degree or higher
Preferred Work Experience **
- One Year of Related Experience
- Customer service experience
- Library experience
- Broad knowledge of computer applications
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Library Assistant - Medical Branch Library.
Job ID: 59155
Business Unit: ACDVP