The University of Texas Medical Branch Infection Preventionist, Sr - Healthcare Epidemiology in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in nursing, medical technology or related field. Two (2) years of related experience in addition to four (4) years of infection control experience. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc (CBIC) may be substituted for one year of experience.
Performs collection and analysis of data for infection prevention and antimicrobial stewardship programs for the University of Texas Medical Branch and collaborates with Healthcare Epidemiologist and clinicians to implement preventive measures.
Salary range - 70,560 - 112,896 Commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Collects and analyzes data that may include, but is not limited to incidence and trends of healthcare-associated infections, incidence and trends for epidemiologically significant organisms and antimicrobial usage.
- Implements isolation precautions as indicated.
- Identifies and investigates exposures to patients or personnel and collaborates with Employee Health to assure post-exposure management of personnel.
- Identifies practices that do not conform to infection prevention policies, guidelines, regulations or standards and apprises appropriate manager(s) of corrections needed.
- Assesses environment in patient care of patient care support environments to identify and address infection prevention concerns.
- Utilizes electronic surveillance system and submits data to HNSN or public health agency as required.
- Provides actionable data to clinicians and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to prevent healthcare-associated or occupationally acquired infections and to assure compliance with policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Utilizes innovative teaching methods to educate all levels of personnel on infection prevention methods.
- Orients new personnel in Healthcare Epidemiology Department.
- Consults with personnel to provide guidance on infection prevention methods.
- Covers on-call pager as needed.
- Manages assigned project to eliminate healthcare-associated infections, improve compliance with infection prevention policies/standards/regulations, to prevent occupationally acquired infections, or to support improvements in antimicrobial stewardship. This may involve at least one patient care division and may include the healthcare system.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
#infection control #epidemiology #CIC
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Infection Preventionist, Sr - Healthcare Epidemiology
Job ID: 59413
Business Unit: HOSPT