The University of Texas Medical Branch Human Resource Business Partner - Human Resources Services in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Five (5) years of professional human resources experience with two (2) years of experience in a core HR functional area or as an HR Generalist. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or other Human Resources related certification within one (1) year of hire.
Provides strategic human resources consultation, support and solutions to designated business units to define and execute HR strategies that enable accomplishment of business objectives. Anticipates and plans for human resources needs and trends in partnership with business leaders and HR centers of expertise to convert strategies into result driven actions.
Actual salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Acts as HR strategist for assigned client groups by understanding the business strategy and
crafting relevant solutions to meet business needs. Leads the effective implementation of HR
plans and initiatives to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Develops, coordinates and utilizes trend analysis information for data – driven human capital
strategy development to improve business function effectiveness.
- Drives necessary changes by gathering resources and influencing organizational change. Leads
change by using a structured approach to change enabling the organization to be change agile.
- Works with business leaders to initiate and implement optimal organizational structure to
accomplish business objectives and leverage talent.
- Coaches business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communications,
development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and
a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Ensures that solutions are consistent with organizational objectives. Recommends methods to
minimize or prevent future issues.
- Engages the HR centers of expertise to develop solutions and programs aligned with business
strategies, structures and challenges.
- Partners with Talent Management to implement initiatives that support workforce planning, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, employee engagement and organizational design issues and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with Compensation to facilitate resolution of complex compensation related issues with business leaders such as the creation of new positions and career ladders, evaluation of multiple positions in a job family, and analysis of market data to determine internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Collaborates with Employee Relations to manage complex employee relations and work environment issues, diagnose the root causes of these issues and identify appropriate interventions. Provides input into job reclassifications, staff reassignments, business unit reorganizations and reductions in force.
Provides leadership and expertise to cross – functional teams and participates in cross – functional projects.
Directs employees to HR service center (including self-service) for appropriate administrative services/requests. Provides feedback to HR service center based on comments from customers.
Marginal or Periodic Job Functions:
Assists in the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Plan.
Participates on standing and ad hoc committees as assigned.
Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Performs related duties as required.
Excellent interpersonal and professional communications skills, both verbal and written.
Strong organizational skills to facilitate managing several projects at one time.
Strong analytical skills to use metrics and data to drive decision making.
Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills with ability to provide multiple options for problem
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the complexities of an academic medical
Strong project management skills.
Competent use of personal computers and general office applications, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
Broad knowledge of HR principles and practices.
Knowledge of change management principles.
Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure and handle stressful situations.
Ability to comprehend business unit goals and objectives, organizational structure, policies,
procedures and practices.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and communicate federal and state employment laws; UT
System rules and regulations; and UTMB policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal day – to – day supervision while delivering high
quality work product.
Ability to handle and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
Ability to appropriately interact with all levels of individuals within the work environment.
Ability to manage change and direct the problem-solving process.
Preferred Work Experience
Two years of Academic Healthcare experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner - Human Resources Services
Job ID: 60616
Business Unit: HRSRV