The University of Texas Medical Branch Health Unit Coordinator - Medicine/Family Medicine in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent. Completion of an accredited Unit Coordinator/Clerk program, or one (1) year related job experience/college course work. Must be proficient in typing, spelling, and medical terminology. Must maintain current CPR Certification.
To support the daily operation of a patient care unit through clerical support to the health-care team.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Performs receptionist/secretary activities for assigned area embodying the Principles of Service:
- Greets patients, guests, and staff in a courteous manner.
- Interacts with and provides services for patients and their families, appropriate to the specialty and age of the patient (as defined in the Unit Addendum).
- Utilizes professional telephone etiquette at all times.
- Promptly answers telephones and intercoms.
- Accurately routes call and message to the appropriate individuals or departments.
- Uses basic computer skills and printing equipment to retrieve and process appropriate clinical information from the hospital information system.
- Promptly processes electronic mail and messages, i.e.: transmits, receives, and acknowledges them; prints hard copies of incoming mail or messages, or routes them to other terminals as designated; enters dates, time, and identifying data related to mail and messages into an index of electronic files or documents.
- Maintains bulletin boards, unit manuals, and files so they are current and in correct order.
- Posts flyers in designated areas. ¿ Sorts and distributes incoming unit mail, placing it in the appropriate place/mailbox.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Health Unit Coordinator - Medicine/Family Medicine
Job ID: 62004
Business Unit: NSGSV