The University of Texas Medical Branch Financial Analyst II - Grants & Contracts Accounting in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accouting or equivalent in related field and at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
To perform financial and operational analysis activities with an intermediate functional or organizational scope.
Specific Job Related Duties
To provide assistance in matters of financial activities such as award compliance, analysis, reconciliations, billing, accounting adjustments, report preparation, close out of awards and other related duties with a limited functional or organizational scope.
Perform the following for intermediate awards:
- Provide customer service to the grant community in matters of post award administration financial activities including but not limited to, award compliance, cost transfers, budget adjustments, request for no cost extensions and relinquishments.
- Read and interpret sponsored projects agreements to ensure award is set up and activated correctly.
- Prepare and run queries to use to perform analysis of expenditures for awards.
- Perform billing for sponsored programs grants and contracts in accordance with award terms and conditions.
- Review system generated bills for accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform billing and accounting adjustments.
- Ensure payments received are applied correctly.
- Perform reconciliations between the general ledger and the subsidiary ledgers.
- Perform analysis of reconciliation variances and process correcting entries.
- Process journal entries and maintain supporting records and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare financial status reports.
- Follow award close out procedures and prepare close out documentation.
- Utilize written and verbal communication skills to provide quality customer service to multiple clients concurrently.
- Utilize technical and analytical skills to support Grants and Contracts Accounting and Institutional objectives and projects.
- Proactively seek efficiencies in all areas of job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 4 years of related experience in accounting
- Experience with all modules within the PeopleSoft Financials
- Experience with Hyperion E
- Experience in Research Administration, Higher Education, Academic Medical Centers and/or Public Service industries.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following areas: cost reimbursement, accounts receivable, revenue cycle, regulatory compliance and accounting operations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Work Experience
Fund accounting experience and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Financial Analyst II - Grants & Contracts Accounting
Job ID: 60806
Business Unit: FINCE