The University of Texas Medical Branch Federal Work Study Student Level III - Pharmacology in Galveston, Texas
High School Diploma or Equivalent, Current UTMB student enrolled at least half time with approval from Enrollment Services to work as a Federal Work Study Student.
Department Marketing Statement
WORKING ENVIROMENT: Structural Biology Research laboratory. Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Gabrielle Rudenko at: email@example.com for information.
$14.24 - $16.95
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Position requirements will vary from day to day and may include the following:
- Prepare buffers and solutions, and biochemical reagents
- Carry out basic biochemical techniques
- Assist in protein purification.
- Work with bacteria nonpathogenic cultures (E. coli) and insect cell cultures.
- Assist in equipment maintenance and general lab duties.
- Analyze data and prepare data presentations using Excel, Power Point etc.
- working as part of an enthusiastic research team
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in Basic Research in a structural biology/biophysics laboratory with a neuroscience focus (UTMB, Galveston location)
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Federal Work Study Student Level III - Pharmacology
Job ID: 61866
Business Unit: SOMED