The University of Texas Medical Branch Engineering Technician II - Auxiliary Services in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide intermediate level specialized skills in the design, construction, maintenance, and repair of scientific,electronic, computer, or mechanical equipment.
Salary Range **
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Develops and tests machinery, and computer or electronic equipment.
- Conducts tests to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control. Repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment.
- Repairs equipment and utilizes machinery, and electronic or computer instrumentation.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Maintains systems functionality for multiple Auxiliary Services departments.
- Consults with university staff to ascertain that Auxiliary Services’ equipment and software functions properly
- Works with Auxiliary Enterprises’ equipment and software systems at Student Housing, University Retail, University Recreation Center, and Parking Operations.
Preferred Work Experience **
- System Administration Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Basic Knowledge of Networking
- Basic SQL Knowledge
- Basic Mechanical Competencies
- Basic Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience with University Auxiliary Services Operations
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Engineering Technician II - Auxiliary Services
Job ID: 59376
Business Unit: FACSV