The University of Texas Medical Branch Editor I - Anesthesiology in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field. No experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide the editorial and proofreading services needed for the publications of manuscripts and technical articles.
Salary Range **
$33,120 - $41,400 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties **
Editor I, Department of Anesthesiology
Duties in the Department of Anesthesiology, along with their anticipated time commitment, will include:
- Light editing and formatting of manuscripts for journal articles, grant proposals, book chapters and other forms of publication (30%).
- Use of the Endnote database, and integration of it with publications. The Editor I will be responsible to adding references to the database, and using the database in conjunction with various manuscripts (20%).
- Preparing and updating biographical sketches for use with proposals, for NIH and other funding agencies. The Editor I will assist faculty on setting up individual MyNCBI accounts, and preparing public bibliographies for use with biographical sketches (15%).
- Preparing and updating ancillary documents for research proposals, such as descriptions of facilities and resources and major equipment lists (15%).
- Completing online and paper forms for grant applications (10%).
- Assisting faculty, fellows, and graduate students with presentation materials for conferences. (5%).
- Other departmental duties as required (5%).
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Editor I - Anesthesiology
Job ID: 59202
Business Unit: SOMED