The University of Texas Medical Branch Director of Talent Acquisition and Staffing - Human Resources Services in Galveston, Texas
Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Related Field.
7 Years of Progressive, Professional Level Human Resources or Related Experience.
2 Years Supervisory Experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Scope: Responsible for institution-wide talent acquisition and recruiting strategies, flexible clinical and professional staffing, financial and operational processes, supporting systems and compliance. Function: Partners with institutional leadership to acquire the right talent, at the right time for the right cost to execute UTMB’s priorities. Leads the design of strategic recruitment and staffing initiatives for HR Talent Acquisition and UTMB Healthcare Systems Staffing through effective planning, personnel, operational, and financial management. Designs and implements marketing, sourcing and selection systems to drive success in recruitment and retention outcomes. Directs and monitors compliance activities to minimize adverse impact in recruitment and selection processes. Ensures optimal quality, cost, and service outcomes through operational metrics. Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing partners in an ever changing academic medical center.
Ranges from $125,680.00 to 157,100.00 depending on experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- For HR Talent Acquisition: designs strategic initiatives, selection systems and processes related to acquiring talented people to work at UTMB; ensures that the institutional strategic plan drives talent acquisition and recruitment programs, which produce qualified people in timely and cost efficient ways; leads UTMB’s executive recruitment practice, which conducts full-cycle executive recruitment and manages executive search firms’ service delivery and outcomes.
- For Healthcare Systems Staffing: leads flexible staffing operations by developing short and long-term goals and effectively implementing, evaluating and revising plans as appropriate to meet operational and financial margin targets; directs the placement of flexible clinical and professional staff to meet UTMB’s staffing requirements and develops partnerships with third-party agencies; seek new opportunities to support UTMB’s talent needs with flexible staffing; oversees billing, utilization tracking and reporting.
- Directs the management of the day-to-day operational, financial and personnel activities of both talent acquisition and flexible staffing functions. Directs the operational management to ensure high quality, cost effective service/outcomes, and safe and efficient work environments.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, UTMB, departmental, and unit standards and policies. Manages compliance of federal, state and UT System employment requirements to ensure diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Partners with colleagues on faculty and Correctional Managed Care recruiting, selection systems, onboarding, diversity and inclusion, employee relations and compliance, retention, HR technology, and workforce analytics.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Talent (People) Management: Attracts, develops and retains talent; provides mentoring/coaching; recognizes accomplishments; and adheres and reinforces UTMB's policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leadership: Promotes the shared strategic vision and mission of UTMB; leads by example through expectations and behaviors; sets achievable goals; and establishes evidence-based results for projects and programs.
- Resource/Fiscal Management: Plans, executes, and monitors time, people, and money; utilizes data to asses staffing needs, productivity, and budgetary requirements.
- Communication: Gives and receives effective feedback; provides timely, consistent, and meaningful information in a clear and concise manner.
- Relationship Management: Engages others by demonstrating credibility and trustworthiness with direct reports, supervisors, peers, and other partners.
- Technical Expertise: Utilizes knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively perform the specialized duties of the role and responsibilities.
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 Years of Combined Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Staffing Experience.
- Healthcare Administrator or Professional experience
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Director of Talent Acquisition and Staffing - Human Resources Services
Job ID: 60679
Business Unit: HRSRV