The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator I - SOM Academic Support and Career Counseling (Part time w/benefits) in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 1 year related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide coordination of all phases and activities associated with special university or community programs.
Salary Range **
$16.08/hr -$24.11/hr, commensurate with experience.
Pay Band CS13
NOTE: This position will include a prorated package of benefits, including the accumulation of paid time off.
Specific Job Related Duties **
This position is part time (50%) and is crucial to the success of the Academic Support and Career Counseling (ASCC) Director, Sr. Learning Specialist, and the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs as well as the SOM students with Academic Support Services. The successful candidate will be a customer oriented team player with the proven ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work assignments in a high-volume office environment.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Create, maintain and analyze data within excel databases to track student performance;
- Oversee the scheduling of student assistants involved with the tutoring program;
- Interact with students, faculty, and visitors in person, email and phone regarding appointments and general assistance;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as necessary;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work assignments in a high-volume office environment;
- Contribute ideas and suggestions;
- Adhere to internal controls and reporting structures;
- Perform related duties as required.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, Intermediate level for Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Kronos Timekeeping;
- Blackboard Application;
- Detail oriented;
- High initiative and “can-do” attitude;
- Professional demeanor;
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills;
- Self-starter and team player;
- High degree of confidentiality.
Preferred Work Experience **
- One year experience overseeing project, program and/or personnel.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Partial (20 to 39.99 hours)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Coordinator I - SOM Academic Support and Career Counseling (Part time w/benefits)
Job ID: 59349
Business Unit: SOMED