The University of Texas Medical Branch Clinical Educator II - Surgical Operating Suite in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with Master's degree in Nursing or related field. Five years of clinical experience. Certification in clinical specialty required. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas.
The Clinical Educator II is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of professional development activities, which are evidence-based and meet the educational needs of administration, staff, and patients of the health system and/or the assigned service in achieving the goals of the institution. Utilizes available emerging technology to meet the needs of the adult learner in a variety of roles, responsibilities, work time and settings.
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Facilitates Learning- Responsible for creating an environment in a variety of settings, one that facilitates learning and the achievement of desired reasoning, critical thinking, sensory and psychomotor outcomes.
- Facilitates Learner Development and Socialization- Responsible for helping employees develop into their roles and integrates the values and behaviors expected of those who fulfill those roles.
- Utilizes Assessment and Evaluation Strategies- Utilizes a variety of strategies for the assessment and evaluation of learners in a variety of settings, as well as all domains of learning. Analyzes assessment and evaluation data to improve professional development activities.
- Participates in Curriculum/ Course Design and Evaluation of Program Outcomes- Responsible for formulating program outcomes and designing course curriculums that are evidence-based and reflect current health care trends preparing learners to function effectively within the health care environment.
- Pursues systematic self-evaluation and improvement in the educator role- Engages in activities that promote one’s socialization to the role, participates in professional development opportunities, mentors and supports colleagues, and demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning
- Functions as Change Agents and Leaders- Functions as change agents and leaders to create a preferred future for education and practice; one that models cultural sensitivity when advocating for change and evaluates organizational effectiveness.
- Engages in Scholarship of Teaching- Acknowledges, and contributes in scholarship as an integral component of their role and recognizes that teaching itself is a scholarly activity. Participates in professional organizations, speaking engagements, evidence-based practice, research and dissemination of scholarly work.
- Functions effectively within the Organizational Environment and the Academic CommunityRecognizes and acknowledges the educational environment within which they practice and recognize how political, institutional, social and economic forces impact their roles
- Work environment is located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped workspace and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
- Moderate to extreme physical effort may be required such as walking, standing and lifting materials, equipment, objects, and/or patients. ¿ Occasional lifting may be heavy and awkward, over 50 lbs.
- Vision, hearing, talking, and sense of touch abilities must be adequate enough to enable one to quickly and accurately perform tasks such as: reading small print, reading from monitoring equipment, defining details, sending and receiving clear and accurate verbal communication.
- Frequent periods of concentrated or focused attention will be needed to interpret visual, auditory, and sensory inputs.
- Shift work may be required. ¿ Alertness and careful attention to detail will be required to avoid injury.
- May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
- May be required to be on standby and work extended shifts in situations deemed necessary by a designated Executive Director and/or Nursing Director
RN with Master's degree in Nursing or related field. Five years of clinical experience. Certification in clinical specialty CNOR required. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas
Preferred Work Experience
Prior Operating Room experience is required.
#clinical educator #educator
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Clinical Educator II - Surgical Operating Suite
Job ID: 60144
Business Unit: NSGSV