The University of Texas Medical Branch Business Coordinator - Oncology Patient Services & Trans Res in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Associates degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage, coordinate, and directly support the administrative, business management, and/or staff activities within a process/department. Salary Range
$38,800 - $48,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities on own initiative ensuring process and operational continuity of various administrative and business management activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as Accountable Property Officer for the Process/Department maintaining property accounting records including the acquisition of new or disposal of obsolete equipment and conducts annual physical inventory of capital equipment.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB travel guidelines.
- Process requisitions and non-po vouchers in accordance with current UTMB procurement rules and guidelines.
- Completes annual space survey for department, assists other departments as needed.
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business letter format.
- Proofreads all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and spreadsheets.
- Compiles data for necessary reports and develops reports that are user friendly.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as answering phones, making copies, filing, & faxing information
- Distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Serves as liaison with other Processes/Departments and agencies regarding inventory control, building services, equipment and maintenance repair, purchasing, safety, and other administrative matters.
- Responsible for administrative support tasks at the executive level with duties including, but not limited to phone coverage, scheduling appointments, meetings, rooms, agendas.
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as necessary.
- May interface with leadership within UTMB, UT System, and other government agencies or outside vendors.
- Key Control Officer for the department.
- Coordinates and enters employee time and attendance utilizing on-line reporting system verifying the correctness and completeness of data entered.
- Prioritizes daily work assignments.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for improvements to the process.
- Supports and assists in the cross training of team members.
- Good overall knowledge of Non-Exempt Administrative Support role skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Standard office equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Business Coordinator - Oncology Patient Services & Trans Res
Job ID: 60501
Business Unit: SOMED