The University of Texas Medical Branch Business Coordinator-- Department of Surgery in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Associates degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage, coordinate, and directly support the administrative, business management, and/or staff activities within a process/department. Salary Range
$38,800-$55,775 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Coordinates and supports all activities related to the Department of Surgery administrative office. Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Answers phones and routes calls to the appropriate personnel/department. Greet guests and escort them to the appropriate areas. Responds to correspondence; refer University and external personnel to the appropriate source for information as necessary ensuring effective communications in a timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business letter format including proofreading all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Provides administrative support to the Surgical Sciences faculty and staff. Schedules meetings and/or conferences using Outlook calendar, reserves rooms, sends meeting reminders, prepares and distributes agendas and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and reimbursements, as well non-PO vouchers and internal billing requests, ensuring compliance with current UTMB Guidelines.
- Processes requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital equipment purchases in accordance with current UTMB procurement rules and guidelines.
- Assists faculty and staff with completion of time and attendance in KRONOS.
- Assists with the coordination of itineraries and travel associated with faculty recruitment.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, scanning, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin boards. Sorts, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Works in tandem with Sr. Business Coordinator and Assistant to the Chairman in the Department filling in and covering on a daily basis.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the Department of Surgery administrative office.
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert.
- Acts as liaison with agencies and institutional departments.
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel spreadsheets
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financials and Kronos Timekeeping System
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task to support diverse areas within the administrative team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Prior administrative support experience
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Business Coordinator-- Department of Surgery
Job ID: 61857
Business Unit: SOMED