The University of Texas Medical Branch Assistant Director, Audiology Speech Path in Galveston, Texas
Master’s degree in related field and six years related experience. Certification of Clinical Competency in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association, and License eligible for License from the Texas State Board of Examiners in Audiology.
To provide leadership and management of the day-to-day clinical and administrative operations of the Center. Provides direct clinical care and supervision of Audiologists in the delivery of quality clinical services.
Salary Range **
$90,846 - $118,100 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: PC22.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Function as a leader for day-to-day clinical and administrative operations with direct accountability to the Center Director.
- Works with the Center Director to identify, develop, and implement long range goals for the Center and to ensure the growth of the Center’s services.
- Provides direct clinical supervision of Audiologists engaged in patient care services to ensure standards of practice are met.
- Manages daily productivity standards and monitors clinician and section productivity in relation to targeted efficiency.
- Partners with the Center Director in the hiring, evaluation, and professional development of staff.
- Develops, maintains, and interprets departmental policies and procedures.
- Establishes, implements, and reviews section objectives, in conjunction with the Center and institutional priorities and goals.
- Provides specialized patient care in the area of Audiology, employing techniques consistent with age specific concerns for the following age groups: neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric as defined in the position addendum.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, physicians, and other specialists, and outside agencies.
- Supports the Center Director in implementing the Center’s clinical research programs.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls and quality measures; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
Preferred Education **
Doctoral degree in related field and six years related supervisory experience. Certification of Clinical Competency in Audiology from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association and/or American Board of Audiology Certification , and License eligible for Audiology License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Assistant Director, Audiology Speech Path
Job ID: 58363
Business Unit: SOMED