The University of Texas Medical Branch Sr. Lab Assistant, Lab Services - Texas City Phlebotomy (Days) in Texas City, Texas
High school graduate or equivalent. Certified Phlebotomist from one of the following certification agencies: American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) and/or five years of related experience. *For blood donor center, related experience must be with an AABB accredited collection facility.
Senior Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Services provides technical and administrative skills necessary to supervise, organize, train and coordinate the functions of the division.
The salary range for this position is from $30,400 to $45,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay band Code PC12.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the division and blood collection activities.
- Supervises personnel, to include completion of 6 month and annual competency assessments and performance evaluations for employees.
- Works all areas of division and performs routine phlebotomy procedure as needed to maintain workflow.
- Enforces compliance with institutional, departmental, and divisional policies and procedures.
- Provides training to new employees on all areas of division and phlebotomy as applicable.
- Manages supply inventory.
- Provides and receives communication as needed between shifts.
- Is available to take call on weekends, if needed.
- Attends and participates in monthly quality, safety, and operational meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
#allied #ld #lmd01 #cls
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Sr. Lab Assistant, Lab Services - Texas City Phlebotomy (Days)
Job ID: 53824
Location: Texas City
Business Unit: CBCLN