The University of Texas Medical Branch Patient Services Specialist I - UTMB Childrens Center (PBL Up to 19 hrs per Week) in League City, Texas
Bachelor's Degree and no experience or High School or equivalent and 2 years customer service and/or clerical experience.
The Patient Services Specialist I creates a positive patient experience by consistently exceeding expectations in customer service and patient care, by coordinating clerical and medical activities of a healthcare team, patient registration activities, and facilitating access to UTMB services for new and returning patients.
The salary range for this position is $30,960/yr - $46,440/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is CS13
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides high level customer service in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Provides direct, professional, and knowledgeable interactions with patients, physicians, referral sources, and the treatment team.
Answers calls accurately and with exceptional customer service at all times.
Ensures caller’s needs are met and accurate information is obtained.
- Ensures calls are documented and triaged appropriately ensuring patient satisfaction and patient safety. Completes telephone encounter process if appropriate.
- Acts as patient advocate and liaisons with various departments to meet mutual goals.
- Maintains patient confidentiality regarding access to patient and other clinical information via email, computer, fax and mail
- Applies the policies of the clinical entity to schedule appointments.
- Coordinates financial counseling for day surgery
- Completes reminder calls to patients for scheduled appointments
- Educates patient/responsible parties regarding billing process and any additional financial responsibilities including third party benefits information.
- Provides out-of pocket cost estimates to patients
- Counsels patients about unpaid bills.
- Obtains future appointments at time of service for clinic follow-up, referrals, and ancillary services.
Arrives patients and prepares paperwork/chart for visit.
Appropriately receipts all monies collected, tokens distributed, and deferments authorized.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Patient Services Specialist I - UTMB Childrens Center (PBL Up to 19 hrs per Week)
Job ID: 53718
Location: League City
Business Unit: CACLN