The University of Texas Medical Branch Vocational Nurse in Galveston, Texas
Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse program and licensure/permit as a vocational nurse in the state of Texas. No experience required.
To provide direct nursing care to an assigned group of patients and perform nursing procedures within the scope of their education and demonstrated abilities.
Actual commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures.
- Uses the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to review, and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms, and behaviors including the physiological status of patients, presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired outcomes.
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of care.
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in patient status; recognizes patient care priorities, multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care crises.
- Follows physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned patients.
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures, and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Vocational Nurse
Job ID: 55946
Business Unit: SOMED