The University of Texas Medical Branch Sterile Processing Tech II in Galveston, Texas
High school diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years related experience and current Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) certification. Current BLS required.
Under general supervision, prepares, assembles, maintains, and transports surgical trays, instruments, and equipment following established tray listings for issue, storage, or further processing.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Decontaminates surgical instruments and other medical equipment as needed by keeping a continuous flow of equipment moving through the process.
- Utilizes appropriate cleaning detergents and agents by reading directions and MSDS sheets.
- Requests manufacturer`s guidelines for proper decontamination of loaner instruments.
- Follows industry and hospital standards associated with the transport of contaminated instruments and equipment.
- Follows Universal Precautions by wearing the appropriate protective attire while working in the decontamination area.
- Records biological testing, immediate use sterilization load results, and all other data from all sterilizers on a daily basis. Instrumentation Assembly:
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness, proper function, and breakage by viewing the instruments before assembly.
- Assembles surgical trays and equipment following established tray listings.
- Wraps or pouches items according to size and type of instrument or equipment.
- Interacts with customers to ensure prompt delivery of needed equipment.
- Maintains accurate instrument counts for all surgical sets to be assembled and informs supervisor of any discrepancies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Sterile Processing Tech II
Job ID: 53110
Business Unit: NSGSV