The University of Texas Medical Branch Sterile Processing Tech - Galveston OR in Galveston, Texas
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred six (6) months related experience. Current BLS required.
Under general supervision, prepares, assembles, maintains, and transports surgical trays, instruments, and equipment following established tray listings for issue, storage, or further processing.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Decontaminates surgical instruments and other medical equipment as needed by keeping a continuous flow of equipment moving through the process
- Records biological testing, immediate use sterilization load results, and all other data from all sterilizers on a daily basis.
- Utilizes appropriate cleaning detergents and agents by reading directions and MSDS sheets.
- Requests manufacturer`s guidelines for proper decontamination of loaner instruments.
- Follows industry and hospital standards associated with the transport of contaminated instruments and equipment.
- Follows Universal Precautions by wearing the appropriate protective attire while working in the decontamination area
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness, proper function, and breakage by viewing the instruments before assembly.
- Assembles surgical trays and equipment following established tray listings.
- Wraps or pouches items according to size and type of instrument or equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Sterile Processing Tech - Galveston OR
Job ID: 54897
Business Unit: NSGSV