The University of Texas Medical Branch Sr. Materials Handling Tech in Galveston, Texas
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of related experience. Valid Texas Drivers License . Must obtain within 6 months of hire: Forklift Certification (except for Mail Services) and Motor Vehicle Safety Course (except for Mail Services). Must be capable of demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the job in a post-offer employment test as administered by UTMB Rehab Services. This job requires the ability to lift up to 100 lbs. floor to knuckle and 50 lbs. knuckle to shoulder and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
Responsible for the daily operations of the inventory, delivery, receiving, and/or mail services areas and occasionally take a tactical lead role to ensure effective supply chain management of designated inventories, materials, equipment, mail and services required.
From $25,520 To $38,280 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Troubleshoots and resolves, or refers to the appropriate area, customer issues and problems. Handles customer inquiries by taking personal responsibility to ensure customer inquiries / issues are resolved. Performs necessary research and problem solving with the customer follows-up on more complex issues.
- Assists or takes the lead in training new employees.
- Takes the initiative to troubleshoot process related problems and identifies possible solutions. Troubleshoots minor equipment problems in order to prevent down time. Coordinates operational concerns by communicating observations regarding resource, staffing or equipment concerns.
- Takes the tactical lead in the absence of the team captain to ensure the work is done and the customers’ needs are met. Assesses resource and workflow patterns to determine any needed changes in work assignments to ensure timelines are met and work is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with internal and external customers to proactively understand the customer’s requirements and assists with their needs.
- Assists with process benchmarking and initiates process/environmental improvements.
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized, and orderly work environment in a manner that is highly professional at all times and in accordance with all UTMB, state and federal guidelines.
- Maintains vehicle usage log, inspects condition of tires; checks oil, tops off the fuel once per week. Maintains vehicle cleanliness inside and out, and reports any needed maintenance
- Utilizes email and Internet for work related communications.
- Assists with the facilitation of staff, self development and training ensuring assigned staff members and self are up to date on proper use of computer based systems, proper use of equipment, all required UTMB classes and staying current on field of expertise.
- Provides a high level of technical and/or process expertise, for example, legally qualified to drive a commercial vehicle and knowledge of all delivery routes.
- Assists with coordinating process activities and assigned staff members in direct areas of responsibility.
- Assists with managing Cylinder and Distribution operations to maximize cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction to meet UTMB fiscal and institutional performance objectives.
- Coordinates between multiple work teams to meet outcomes beneficial to the customer needs.
- Proactively resolves customer issues by going beyond the request and understand the need.
- Assist with the modification of delivery routes as appropriate.
- Reviews discrepancies and takes appropriate corrective action as required.
- Operates vehicles requiring Commercial Drivers License.
- Operate standard materials handling equipment and vehicles.
- Fills a variety of cryogenic liquid containers/tanks with liquid nitrogen and liquid oxygen.
- Utilizes on-line system(s) in the receipt, delivery, and tracking of materials, records, and/or equipment.
Performs a variety of the following functions in the handling of consumable goods, records, and equipment:
- Manifests their delivery routes
- Stages items for delivery into the appropriate route
- Prepares deliveries for transport
- Delivers merchandise to the customer
- Picks up surplus equipment for the surplus warehouse and items for shipping
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Sr. Materials Handling Tech
Job ID: 53214
Business Unit: FACSV