The University of Texas Medical Branch Sr. Manager, Clinical Value Analysis Program - Service Line Operations (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five (5) years of related experience.
Clinical experience along with professional licensure in a healthcare field (RN, etc.) strongly preferred. Advanced professional Supply Chain certification a plus (CPM, CPPO, CMRP, Value Analysis or equivalent) Experience with project management processes with demonstrated ability to initiate and complete projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides professional, technical and administrative skills in the supervision of the daily operations of Clinical Value Analysis. Responsible for working within a defined organizational structure to identify cost savings opportunities related to improved product, service and related process standardization and utilization. Reviews and assesses applicable financial, clinical, operational, and evidence based literature and appropriately assists in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis, and implementation of cost-effective products, services, and related processes in the healthcare system which may include (but are not be limited to) the hospital, clinic(s), network, and/or healthcare system. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with Clinical, Administration and Institutional staff to ensure effective, results-oriented project outcomes. These activities are conducted while maintaining or improving the quality of care provided to patients.
The salary range for this position is from $82,400 to $131,840 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is a pay Band Code CS31
Specific Job Related Duties
- Serves as a liaison between hospital / system administration, departments, and clinical staff to ensure cost-effective utilization of products, services, and processes, including, but not limited to medical / surgical supplies, capital equipment, technology, and process-related activities. Process improvement-related activities include operational and clinical resource management opportunities that improve operational and clinical efficiency while maintaining or enhancing the quality of patient care.
- Manages value analysis data for outcome documentation and presentation. Prepares quarterly reports of system-wide expense reduction activities for use by administration, materials management and department heads, as appropriate. Maintains a database on product, service and process utilization and effectiveness. Monitors trends in product, service and process utilization /consumption with emphasis on those prone to abuse. Assists in evaluating costs in relation to product, service and process consumption in major DRG categories/clinical pathways.
- Prepares recommendations to administration for systems, procedures or practices that will improve operational or clinical efficiency, increase the quality of patient care, and reduce expenditures related to product, service and processes. Implements or assist with implementation as needed.
- Coordinates product, service, and process evaluation processes related to value analysis projects with identified representatives (Director of Materials Mgmt/Logistics, Department Directors, Executive leadership, Clinical Chairs, etc)
- Works closely with System Supply Chain in order to effectively implement cost savings initiatives.
- Develops and maintains an educational program on the value analysis process, including but not limited to product/service/process evaluation; cost analysis; purchase processes; product, service and process utilization/use/ consumption. Coordinates with staff development on all educational programs relating to products, services and processes.
- Accountable for the effective strategic planning, committee structure, operational, and financial management of the value analysis program and projects that cross multiple departments to ensure optimal quality, cost, and service outcomes.
- Coordinates product, service and process evaluation processes. (Product orientation relates to standardization and utilization.) Initiates studies for new or alternative sources of products, services or processes to ensure maximum cost effectiveness.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Analytical skills including cost-benefit analysis and financial feasibility studies.
- Computer skills, including knowledge and use of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Knowledge of academic hospital and clinical staff, including but not limited to laboratory, radiology, nursing, pharmacy, medical staff, etc.
- Clinical experience required.
- Independent and self-motivated. Basic knowledge of medical-surgical supplies, diagnostic testing, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical and operational improvement processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Clinical Value Analysis Program - Service Line Operations (Galveston)
Job ID: 57137
Business Unit: HOSPT