The University of Texas Medical Branch Software Systems Specialist II - Office of Clinical Simulation in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and 2 years related experience.
To provide technical skills required to generate, modify and maintain computer operating system software and application system software of moderate complexity.
From $62,640 to $78,300 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS22.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Participates in the analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
- Performs programming, testing and documentation.
- Recommends development of system routines needed for the efficient use of computer system sources.
- Designs the approved routines and oversees their implementation.
- Responsible for day to day operations and maintenance of medical simulation software used in standardized patient center and manages multiple tasks, works independently, and communicates effectively.
- Provides video recording coordination, as well as support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of audio and video recording operations of the clinical simulation center.
- Provides support for automatic scheduling of rooms, students, and standardized patients.
- Responsible for synchronous, multiple, live video recording/viewing of standardized patient scenarios including session creation, checklist creation, scoring, statistical reports and management.
- Provides support for integrated calendar management for both standardized patients and simulation events.
- Responsible for simulation system hardware and software management.
- Setup and maintenance of student evaluations.
- Manages distributed enterprise network of various simulation resources together by a central command workstation.
- Designs, develops, and maintains department website.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Candidate should be technically oriented, a quick learner, well organized, team oriented, possess strong problem solving skills, and enjoy a variety of challenges.
Experience with video recording production and familiarity with any academic simulation software is preferred but not required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher), Video and Photo Editing Software, and SQL Server Management Studio or equivalent.
#software #programmer #system
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Software Systems Specialist II - Office of Clinical Simulation
Job ID: 57460
Business Unit: SOMED