The University of Texas Medical Branch Software Systems Specialist II - Medical Branch Library in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and 2 years related experience.
To provide technical skills required to generate, modify and maintain computer operating system software and application system software of moderate complexity.
Commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS21.
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- SQL Query writing and data mining; development of stored procedures and views
- Constructing and executing database and/or system queries as required in the support of requests for information
- Providing reports as required in the support of requests for information
- Evaluating and implementing proposed new software packages.
- Supporting Learning Management System (Blackboard) and multimedia technologies
- Creating documentation, training users, troubleshooting, and providing ongoing support
- Managing multiple activities within the scope of project; may function as project lead.
- Assisting in the cost justification of system changes and educational technology resources.
- Serving as liaison with vendors and/or business partners and their products and services.
- Knowledge of database programming and scripting
- Knowledge of learning management systems, preferably Blackboard, and multimedia technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Software Systems Specialist II - Medical Branch Library
Job ID: 56192
Business Unit: ACDVP