The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Supply Analyst - Supply Chain in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and four years of related experience.
Prepare, analyze and oversee financial and operational analysis activities with an advanced functional or organizational scope. Provide advanced analysis for the institution for supply cost reduction, utilization management and process improvement. Provide advanced analysis of historical, financial, and operational clinical and supply chain data.
From $62,960 To $79,000 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze complex financial and operational reports, scorecards, metrics, benchmarks and financial forecasts
- Performs advanced analysis of historical, projected financial and operational data to provide leadership information to make relevant financial decisions
- Coordinates the preparation of information to support developing trends that will inform forecasts and management decision making
- Identify and utilize technology and best practices to ensure continuous process improvement
- Serves as a mentor to other Supply Analysts
- Remain current with and progressively learn industry trends, analytical techniques and appropriate systems and software necessary to complete essential job functions
- Serves as a liaison between research, institutional support, healthcare, Supply Management and the Value-Analysis Programs.
- Compiles and analyzes reports to identify opportunities for improved supply utilization, standardization, and process improvement; evaluates findings and makes recommendations.
- Conducts cost analysis for replacement products to provide cost savings.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities for products currently in use through review and analysis of group purchasing contracts and market data.
- Coordinates and assists departments to develop and integrate cost management programs by assisting with program development, data collection and analysis.
- Monitors supply utilization and purchase patterns on a routine/scheduled basis; compiles reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations and/or process changes to reduce operating cost and ensure continuity of supply.
Forecasts and analyzes customer supply needs/trends to facilitate the establishment of contracts, develops and distributes various reports to assist customers in understandingtheir supply consumption and cost.
Coordinates the flow of information between appropriate parties to accomplish customers’ and supply management objectives.
Develops a strong partnership with customers to proactively understand their needs to facilitate the availability and access to appropriate products.
- Serves as liaison between vendors, the institution, and departments in regards to supply utilization.
- Coordinates compliance with all applicable UTMB, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Possessanadvancedknowledge andunderstanding, with progressive development of analytical techniquesand software.
Progressive development oftheabilityto analyze/evaluate data
Must possess excellentcommunication skillswith the abilityto effectively work and communicate with individuals at alllevels ofthe institution
Demonstratesahigh degree of professionalism
Progressive learningin regards todecisionmakingresponsibility with minimal guidance
Strongorganizational,facilitation,and planning skills.
Demonstratethe ability toproactivelyassist customers with theirimmediateand long term needs.
Effectiveproblem resolution skills.
Abilityto work in teambased environmentcontributingideas,participatingin team decisions,and achievingteamoutcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Supply Analyst - Supply Chain
Job ID: 56458
Business Unit: FACSV