The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Business Manager - Health Innovations in Galveston, Texas
Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Health Care Administration. Minimum of ten years experience with technical planning and project management.
To serve in a senior level professional capacity by assisting the department Vice President in organizational development, benchmarking, operational reporting, scorecards, management reporting, performance management, measuring trends and other project management activities with a broad functional or organizational scope. The Senior Business Manager is responsible for the coordination and implement of departmental process improvement initiatives and serves as a liaison to Revenue Cycle leaders and Institutional Department Leads.
From $84,720 To $135,552 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Reports directly to the department vice president to assist with operational decisions and the development and implementation of strategic long and short-term plans to assure fiscal growth, solvency, and accountability.
- Provides project development initiatives and coordinates initiatives with departmental leadership.
- Leads organizational development, benchmarking, operational reporting, scorecards, management reporting, performance management, measuring trends and other project management activities with a broad functional or organizational scope.
- Coordinates the identification, monitoring, resolution and follow-up projects, goals, and operational issues.
- Develops and administers specific tools and methods for management of goals, projects and tasks.
- Coordinates the activities of employees assigned to the project(s) consistent with departmental team goals and objectives.
- Develops a system to improve the financial position of the department and provide optimum service/outcomes.
- Analyzes trends and performance and identifies profitability improvements.
- Troubleshoots problem teams and refocuses them to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Engages in planning, development and execution of innovation projects.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Preferred Work Experience
15 years' experience with companies in technology, growth transition and business transformation.
#prof #admin #csrv
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Business Manager - Health Innovations
Job ID: 53723
Business Unit: PRESD