The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Audio Visual Technician - Medical Branch Library - Serv in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent; 2 years related experience.
TO PRE-TEST, OPERATE AND MAINTAIN VARIOUS AUDIO-VISUAL, VIDEOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS.
$34,880 to $43,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Instructs customers on the proper use of equipment
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- Provides minor repairs to audio visual and related equipment.
- Provides special effects lighting set-ups
- Assists in the plan/design/install of audio-visual systems.
- Operates/maintains special facilities.
- Supports Information Services with teleconference events/services.
- Provides estimates for design/install and repair of audio-visual systems.
- Negotiates equipment prices for audio-visual pool and auditoriums.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Assists in the evaluation of hardware and software products.
- Stays current with applicable UTMB, State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Operates machine tools and electronic testing equipment used in maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Provides guidance and mentoring in the professional development of individuals and/or teams.
- Provides video editing and shooting as needed.
- Trains Audio Visual Technicians.
- Assists with PowerPoint, PC and laptop set-up for multimedia presentations.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Pre-test, set-up and operate the following equipment: amplifier, microphones, public address system, portable podiums, audio/visual accessories projector (LCP) computer, custom lighting, document cameras, auditoriums systems, videography, cameras, editing and duplicating system.
Associate's Degree in related field
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Audio Visual Technician - Medical Branch Library - Serv
Job ID: 53610
Business Unit: ACDVP