The University of Texas Medical Branch RN Risk Management Specialist - Quality Management (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or healthcare related field and 6 years overall experience in health care required. 2 years in risk management. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas.
Responsible for technical support in protecting UTMB, its patients and staff from losses related to illness, injury or death sustained in the direct patient care area. Adheres to all applicable rules and regulations on a local, state, and federal level. Provides support to the clinical Risk Management programs, clinical issues, device and equipment, incident management and claims/lawsuits.
The salary range for this position is $64,000/yr - $102,000/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is CS22
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiate, coordinate and manage risk management activities for the UTMB clinical enterprise.
- Work closely with physicians, staff, Legal Affairs and Quality Management to coordinate investigations of risk issues.
- Serve as a resource to faculty and staff.
- Provide both informal and formal education on risk related topics.
- Collect, evaluate and maintain data concerning risk issues including online occurrence reports.
- Actively participates in committees related to risk management, safety and quality improvement.
- Provide support to clinical risk management programs for device and equipment, incident management and claims/lawsuits.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Preferred Work Experience
Our ideal candidate will have 3 + years of Risk Management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: RN Risk Management Specialist - Quality Management (Galveston)
Job ID: 53109
Business Unit: HOSPT