The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate III, Internal Medicine / Nephrology (PBL, 19 hrs/week, no benefits) in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent and 5 years of related experience or Master's degree in basic science or equivalent and 3 years of related experience required.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Conducts a variety of non-routine research assignments and experiments.
$25.00 per hour
This postition is in the pay band code: SC22.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Responsible for animal handling and treatment, including injections, survival and non-survival surgery, post-surgical monitoring, and record keeping in accordance with required guidelines
- Performs experiments that will involve tissue isolation and dissection, RNA/DNA/protein processing, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunofluorescence
- Prepares equipment set-ups for experiments per protocols
- Collects, records, and maintains data generated from experiments
- Uses computer spreadsheets, databases, and graphing software to enter raw data obtained from assays and experiments, and assists in analysis of final data
- Adheres to all safety protocols in each laboratory area and completes all required training
- Places orders for animals and lab materials, tracks expenditures, and accurately manages grant budgets
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining lab equipment to ensure proper calibration and functionality
- Performs related duties as required
- Rodent survival surgery
- Protein extraction and Western blotting
- In vivo studies of renal function including clearance techniques
Preferred Work Experience
- Kidney dissection and microdissection of renal tubule segments
- Experience with renal anatomy/physiology
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Research Associate III, Internal Medicine / Nephrology (PBL, 19 hrs/week, no benefits)
Job ID: 56235
Business Unit: SOMED