The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate I, Internal Medicine / Infectious Diseases in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent; no experience required.
Performs varying standardized laboratory assignments and experiments.
From $29,120 to $32,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: SC13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Under direct supervision, performs standard research assignments involving a series of related operations
- Sets up and conducts standard research experiments following detailed technical instructions
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Order processing for laboratory reagents
- Performs PCR
- Maintains records of all tests performed and data collected
- Assists in compilation and tabulation of data and provides preliminary analysis
- Data analysis and graphing
- Supervision of students in the laboratory
- Small animal research (rodents)
- Familiar with PCR protocol and genetic sequencing programs
- Data processing and evaluation
- General microbiology lab skills
- Familiar with flow cytometry, ELISA, cell sorting and immunoblot assays
Preferred Work Experience
- In vivoresearch experience
- Microscopy experience
- Rodent research
- Experience conducting real time- PCR
- Experience conducting cellular culture
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Research Associate I, Internal Medicine / Infectious Diseases
Job ID: 53141
Business Unit: SOMED