The University of Texas Medical Branch Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology - Adult (up to 19 hours per week) in Galveston, Texas
Associates degree or radiologic graduate from an accredited radiography program, ARRT (R) registered or registry eligible and Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board.
To provide patient care and technical skills in the operation of diagnostic radiographic equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes.
The salary for this position is from $28.23 to $42.34 per hour, for up to 19.99 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Pay Band Code: PC21
Specific Job Related Duties
- Practices proper entries and records on Radiology Information System and Hospital Information System.
- Prepares patient for ultrasound procedure by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education. (See attached age-specific addendum)
- Operates ultrasound equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares patient’s films for interpretation by radiologist.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Practices safety measures in ultrasound and Environment of Care.
- Participates in research projects.
- Instructs students on clinical ultrasonography skills.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
#allied #rad #lmd01 #ld
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology - Adult (up to 19 hours per week)
Job ID: 52178
Business Unit: HOSPT