The University of Texas Medical Branch Professor - Dept. of Surgery - Burn Surgery in Galveston, Texas
MD, PhD, MD/PhD, or equivalent degree in biomedical sciences or a related field
$185,000 per year
Specific Job Related Duties
The purpose of this position is to provide faculty support to meet the teaching and research needs of the Department of Surgery, Division of Burn Surgery and assist in fulfilling UTMB’s threefold mission.
Full-time faculty position for a doctorate-level researcher with expertise in burn injury/rehabilitation, gastroenterology, microbiology and/or immunology. This individual will be an integral part of the Department of Surgery research programs focusing on burn rehabilitation and GI surgery.
MAJOR DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
- Establish and develop an independent research program
- Enhance the interdisciplinary research programs in the Department of Surgery
- Mentor junior faculty, postdoctoral trainees, residents, and graduate students
- Ability to secure independent/extramural funding for salary and research support
- Expertise in burn injury/rehabilitation, gastroenterology, microbiology, and/or immunology
- Established track record of mentorship
- Established track record of publications and research funding
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Professor - Dept. of Surgery - Burn Surgery
Job ID: 53751
Business Unit: SOMED