The University of Texas Medical Branch Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurology Research in Galveston, Texas
Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field. Scientific research experience.
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Develop and independently perform experiments in the study of Alzheimer's neuropathology with miRNAs from neural stem cell-derived exosomes
- Collect results and analyze data
- Prepare manuscript for publication or presentation at scientific meetings
- miRNA isolation and analysis
- Exosome isolation and analysis
- Stereotaxic methods
- Basic electrophysiology
- General protein biochemistry and molecular biology
- Well-versed in English scientific writing
Preferred Work Experience
- Research experience in the field of neuroscience and/or neurodegenerative diseases
- Animal methods desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurology Research
Job ID: 55531
Business Unit: SOMED