The University of Texas Medical Branch Post-Doctoral Fellow in Galveston, Texas
The applicant will have a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree), preferably in the areas of immunological toxicology and/or cancer biology. However, related disciplines will be considered.
$47,484-$50,316 annually, commensurate with experience (based on NIH Postdoctoral stipend scale).
Specific Job Related Duties
Conducts innovative scientific investigation by developing theories and devising scientific methods and procedures to apply scientific principles, theories and research in a NIEHS-funded project investigating signaling pathways (NF-kB, AHR) in normal versus neoplastic immune cells and other autoimmune models. Committed to the discovery of new innovative biomedical and health services knowledge leading to increasingly effective and accessible health care. Assures competence as a fully trained scientist in a specific discipline or area of expertise.
- Defines research problems, objectives, and possible solutions as dictated by the research project
- Establishes procedures to be applied for projects
- Performs laboratory experiments and molecular biology and microbiology laboratory procedures for research projects
- Analyzes and interprets data
- Compiles and writes materials and methods for journal publication and grant submission to principal investigator
- Reviews scientific literature
- Performs related duties as required
- May feed, care, and prepare laboratory animals for experimentation
- Position must be willing to take weekend/evening call
Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to interact with cross-disciplinary teams from different scientific backgrounds. Ability to work independently and as a member of the team with exceptional organizational skills and attention to details. Excellent computer and writing skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Fellow
Job ID: 55287
Business Unit: SOMED