The University of Texas Medical Branch Pharmacy Technologist Trainee- Galveston Rotating Shifts in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent and no experience required.
To provide technical assistance in the dispensing of prescribed medications and pharmaceutical preparations.
Starting salary is $23,600.00 annually.
This position is a pay Band Code PC11.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Retrieves and delivers medication and supplies.
- Prepares unit-dose medications specific to patient needs including patient’s weight, allergies, and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Repackages and labels medication items in the inpatient setting specific to patient needs including weight and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Assists in record keeping activities in any assigned area.
- Maintains adequate drug inventories in pharmacy areas and patient care areas.
- Compounds bulk and extemporaneous pharmaceuticals specific to patients needs including weight and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Demonstrates the ability to operate automated technology including compounding, repackaging, cart fill, and Automated Drug Systems.
- Performs automated compounding repackaging and cart-fill.
- Communicates effectively with other pharmacy employees, healthcare professionals, and patients while appropriately recognizing age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Maintains a neat clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrates flexibility in staffing assignments.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Must be able to work weekends and shift rotations. May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies.
Must be pre-registered as a technician trainee with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Must complete and pass PTCB certification and TSBP registration within 2 years of employment
#allied #ld #pharm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Pharmacy Technologist Trainee- Galveston Rotating Shifts
Job ID: 53545
Business Unit: HOSPT