The University of Texas Medical Branch Pharmacy Technologist- Galveston Nights in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent and no experience required. Registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician, and Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) National Certification; required to maintain PTCB active status.
Pharmacy Technologist assists Pharmacists in providing drug distribution, technical services and clinical services associated with the preparation, storage and dispensing of pharmaceuticals.
The salary range for this position is from $30,400 to $45,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC12.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Prepares unit-dose medications specific to patient needs including patient’s weight, allergies, and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).Retrieves and delivers inpatient medication orders and supplies.
- Prepares sterile products utilizing aseptic technique and USP 797 standards (to include the preparation, handling and disposal of bio-hazardous drugs).
- Demonstrates the ability to operate automated technology including compounding, repackaging, cartfill and Automated Drug Systems.
- Compounds bulk and extemporaneous pharmaceuticals specific to patients needs including weight and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Communicates effectively with other pharmacy employees, healthcare professionals, and patients while appropriately recognizing age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Maintains adequate drug inventories in pharmacy areas and patient care areas and notifies the appropriate personnel when shortages and/or outages noted.
- Performs quality assurance/improvement audits
- Maintains a neat clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrates flexibility in staffing assignments.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Assists pharmacists in filling ambulatory prescriptions specific to patient needs including patient’s weight, allergies, and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Assists in record keeping activities in any assigned area.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION OF POSITION:
- Standard hospital pharmacy environment.
- Working with the public.
- Work with chemotherapy and other bio-hazardous agents
- May require lifting up to 50lbs
- Rotating nights and weekends
- May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #pharm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Pharmacy Technologist- Galveston Nights
Job ID: 56212
Business Unit: HOSPT