The University of Texas Medical Branch Patient Registration Spec I - Angleton Danbury Campus in Galveston, Texas
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with billing, financial screening, insurance verification, collections, and/or customer service
This position facilitates access to UTMB services for new and returning patients, coordinates financial arrangements including financial screening and communicates with patients, referral sources, and the treatment team regarding patient access and financial issues.
Actual Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Perform and master COR, ED, Admitting Registrations functions as defined in each area’s customized CBO tool.
- Verifies all patient demographic, insurance coverage, benefits, and authorization requirements for all services.
- Screens patient for financial responsibility and possible cash collections.
- Determines potential reimbursement sources available to the patient and directs patient toward financial assistance programs.
- Determines and collects appropriate deposit.
- Facilitation of referrals/prior authorizations.
- Eligibility determination of third party programs.
- Serves as information resources for patients, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals by providing accurate and currently applicable information to accomplish patient satisfaction and maximum reimbursement.
- Individual department specific knowledge and training of ABN and PPA agreement forms.
- Meets minimum job performance standards for successful probationary and annual review, or as needed on an individual basis.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain Registration Quality Assurance (Q/A) expectations as defined by specific departmental area as measured monthly and annually on performance review, scoring includes any errors reported via internal and outside sources not included in random Q/A process.
- Errors are to be corrected (or acknowledged) and returned within designated timeframe and will be monitored for excessive delayed response and compliance as monitored continuously and on annual performance review.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain acceptable Productivity Standard as defined by specific departmental area and measured monthly and annually on performance review.
- Reads and applies all announcements and relevant communications related to job duties as observed and monitored by Q/A process.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of new employees.
- Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective and efficient manner.
- Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the philosophy and goals of the team, department, and UTMB.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position is for a rotating shift.
- Knowledgeable and experience with scheduling and registration in a hospital and/or physician setting.
- Experience with /Epic ADT/Prelude and Cadence applications.
- Knowledgeable with insurance verification.
- Experience with upfront collections.
- Experience in admissions and ED registration.
- Interpersonal skills – positive interactive skills with others
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Patient Registration Spec I - Angleton Danbury Campus
Job ID: 57147
Business Unit: FINCE