The University of Texas Medical Branch Occupational Therapist - Rehab- Occupational Therapy, Pedi (up to 19 hours per week) in Galveston, Texas
Master’s degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas. 0-3 years related experience
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination, and implementation of occupational therapy intervention provided to patients. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of occupational therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and the organization.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides evaluation, treatment and discharge planning to pediatric patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned clinical area.
- Documents patient evaluation, treatment progress and billing, appropriately in the medical record. Documentation must meet peer review requirements.
- Communicates pertinent patient information with the patient, family members, physicians, team members, and other disciplines.
- Meets required competencies for assigned area.
- Delegates duties and monitor service delivery appropriately to COTA, Rehabilitation Aide.
- Supervises volunteers, and students as requested (at least 1 year of experience)
- Participates in and provide in-service/continuing education/ research opportunities.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Working environment is an outpatient setting.
Preferred Work Experience
2 or more years of experience preferred. Pediatric experience preferred. NICU experience preferred.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rehab
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Occupational Therapist - Rehab- Occupational Therapy, Pedi (up to 19 hours per week)
Job ID: 54602
Business Unit: HOSPT