The University of Texas Medical Branch Occupational Safety & Fire Prevention Tech in Galveston, Texas
High School education and three years of related experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides basic technical assistance in the administration of policies, standards, and regulations relating to occupational safety and fire prevention under general supervision.
Commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
JOB SUMMARY:In this full time position, the successful team member fulfills the role of Occupational Safety and Fire Technician, helping to support the day-to-day functions of the Fire and Life Safety group. Must have excellent organizational and technical skills. The successful candidate will be significantly involved in report organization, data entry, minor data analysis and work process control during the process of fire systems inspections and repair.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Will track and organize fire systems inspection and repair information, including;
- Schedules for compliance-related work
- Organizing Joint Commission/National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) compliant reports of work activities
- Tracking financial information related to activities
- Critically evaluates quality of reports and work follow-through
- Actively works with lead senior technicians and Safety Specialists to maintain a safe, compliant environment
- Is involved in developing summary reports for presentation to various institutional committees, reflecting compliance and safety activities.
- Is involved in the development of safety training and presentations.
- May be required to temporarily fulfill coordination duties for various institutional committees.
- Adheres to internal policies/procedures and reporting structure
- Other duties as required
Must have strong organizational skills and is adept in using Microsoft Office suite products. Strong data entry/analysis skillset.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Standard hospital, clinical, laboratory and/or office environments. Potential exposure to hazardous conditions and/or materials. May involve strenuous activity such as walking, lifting, and moving of material. Position may be subject to DOT regulations which include drug and alcohol testing. Testing includes pre-employment, random and for cause. May be required to pass the "Basic Radiation Safety in the Laboratory" course within the first 6 months of employment
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Occupational Safety & Fire Prevention Tech
Job ID: 53397
Business Unit: FACSV