The University of Texas Medical Branch Nurse Clinician III - ICU TDCJ in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
_ _RN with two years of clinical RN experience. Must possess and maintain a current license or valid permit to practice in Texas. Current BLS required.
Competent Clinician. Possesses knowledge and skill to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Experienced, knowledgeable and skilled in specialty area. Competently functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Practice is characterized by predominantly interdependent decision-making. Practice is problem focused and patient centered in the manner care is provided. Able to manage unexpected or emergency situations that are commonly seen in assigned specialty population. Serves as a resource for Nurse Clinician I or II. Can manage commonly seen contingency situations that arise on the clinical unit. Provides patient care through nursing practices based upon the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Practice, and Professional Performance. Values specialty unit, nursing, and institutional strategic initiatives and health system goals.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Completes required specialty specific Competency Based Orientation (CBO) tools by the initial performance evaluation due date for placement in employee file.
- Actively participates in the initial and ongoing evaluation of competency using competency based orientation (CBO) tools and/or Competency and Clinical Advancement Program (CCAP) tools.
- Independently and competently assists with activities for assigned area embodying UTMB’s core values.
- Independently and competently completes assesses patients and identifies actual and potential nursing diagnoses/patient care needs.
- Competently plans and prioritizes culturally, age and specialty appropriate care for the identified patient group.
- Independently and competently delivers culturally, age and specialty appropriate nursing care to the identified patient group.
- Performs and reports point of care testing (POCT).
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs and/or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures and infection control measures.
- Serves as a patient advocate; may require assistance in difficult situations.
Preferred Work Experience
Must have a minimum 2 yrs ICU experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Nurse Clinician III - ICU TDCJ
Job ID: 55921
Business Unit: TDCJH